Galveston Venue For Rent
Rent Moody Mansion for Private Events
Moody Mansion has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places by the U.S. Department of the Interior since 1994 and a Recorded Texas Historical Landmark since 1967.
The home is available for rent for events like weddings, reunions, anniversaries, and meetings. The formal ballroom is a memorable venue, and less formal space is available outside in the garage area, with easy access to free parking. There is ample room outside for tables and tents, and the mansion is a popular setting for bridal photos.
The 1895 Moody Mansion is the restored home of Libbie and W.L. Moody, Jr., whose family lived in the mansion from 1900 to 1983. It is filled with Moody family furnishings and memorabilia.
Rental options include:
- You may rent the Mansion’s first floor for evening functions for up to 125 guests for a stand-up reception, or approximately 70-75 people seated at round tables or theater-style. You may engage a caterer or provide your own food and beverages.
- The ballroom is available for rent during the daytime. Capacity for a seated meal in the ballroom is approximately 60 people, or approximately 70-75 guests for a stand-up reception or seated theater-style. Chairs and tables with white tablecloths are available and included in the rental price, or you may provide your own.
- Our newest offering is the opportunity to host an elegant seated dinner for up to 14 people in the Mansion’s dramatic dining room. Again, you may hire a caterer or provide your own food and beverages.
- Bridal and portrait photography sessions may be scheduled during hours Moody Mansion is not open for tours.
- We can arrange a tour of Moody Mansion for your event guests, either with or without a tour guide, for an additional fee.
- Larger events can be held outside, where tents can be accommodated.
Space is reserved upon receipt of an advance deposit. Call (409) 762-7668 for rental information.